Karen Hoffmann, Esq.
Karen Hoffmann represents a wide variety of clients in state, federal, and administrative matters including immigration, environmental, FOIA/PA Right-to-Know Law, Federal Tort Claims Act/Section 1983 actions, and general civil litigation.
Prior to joining Ellenberg Law Group, Ms. Hoffmann managed Syrena Law, a Philadelphia solo practice. With Aldea – The People’s Justice Center, she helped create precedential Third Circuit case law on past persecution (Herrera-Reyes v. Attorney General, 3d Cir. 2020). Ms. Hoffmann also worked with Aldea to represent families detained at the Berks immigration prison. Her team received the 2019 Pro Bono Award from the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois for litigation to reunite families separated at the border.
Prior to attending law school at Temple University, she worked as a journalist covering human rights and the environment in Latin America and the Caribbean. Her work has appeared in The Guardian, Earth Island Journal, and The Ecologist.
Ms. Hoffmann speaks Spanish and Portuguese.
A Advogada Hoffmann fala português e espanhol.
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (2016)
- B.A., Carnegie Mellon University (2004)
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts (pending)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association