Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia L1A/L1B Intracompany Transferee Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia L1A/L1B Intracompany Transferee Visa Lawyer

L-1A and L-1B visa status allows intra-company transfers of workers of foreign companies to a parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of a company within the United States. These visas are meant for key employees that can contribute managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge to American companies. With an L-1A or L-1B visa, foreign nationals can also enter the United States if there is no affiliated company within the country, but they wish to establish a new office. Below, our Philadelphia L-1A & L10B intracompany transferee visa lawyer explains more about these visas and the requirements for obtaining one.

Duration of L-1A and L-1B Visas

L-1A visas are meant for employees performing executive or managerial work in the United States. The maximum stay of these visas is seven years. L-1B visas, on the other hand,  are intended for employees performing assignments that require specialized knowledge.

The maximum duration of these visas is five years. Dependents of L-1A and L-1B visas, which include spouses and minor children, can obtain L-2 visa status with the potential of being authorized to obtain employment in the country. L-1A visa holders can obtain an extension of their stay up to seven years. L-1B visa holders can also extend their stay, but the maximum extension cannot exceed five years.

Visas in the L-1 category are considered “dual intent” visas, which means that foreign workers can apply for permanent residency without placing their non-immigrant status in jeopardy. This means L-1 visa holders can obtain a green card if they can show that a longer stay would benefit the business the foreign national is working for.

Eligibility Requirements for L-1 Visas

To obtain an L visa, a person must meet three main eligibility requirements. These are as follows:

  • The company in the United States is a parent, subsidiary, affiliate, or branch of the foreign company, or is a joint venture with at least 50 percent of the company being owned and equally controlled by the sponsoring company
  • The foreign national entering the United States must have been employed with the qualifying organization for at least one year in the three years preceding the transfer
  • The foreign national’s assignment must involve managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge duties, both in the foreign company and in the United States location

Our L1A/L1B Intracompany Transferees Lawyer in Philadelphia Can Advise on Your Case

If you are working in a foreign country and wish to enter the United States on a company transfer, our Philadelphia L1A/L1B intracompany transferees lawyer at Ellenberg Law Group can help. Our seasoned attorney can advise on whether you are eligible, the fees associated with the visa you wish to obtain, and guide you through the process to give you the best chance of having your application approved. Call us now at 215-790-1682 or reach out to us online to schedule a free initial consultation and to learn more about how we can help.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab