Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Foreign Media/Press/Radio I Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia Foreign Media/Press/Radio I Visa Lawyer

I visas, also known as media visas, are meant for foreign reporters and journalists, including members of the press, film, radio, and television who are employed abroad with a foreign media organization and who wish to enter the United States to continue their work as journalists working for a company in their home country. To qualify, individuals in a foreign country must enter the United States to improve the services provided by their employer by gathering information about current events to further benefit the media organization they work for.

I visas benefit members of the foreign press, the organizations they represent, and the exchange of information around the world. Unfortunately, obtaining them is not always easy. A Philadelphia foreign media/press/radio I visa lawyer can help you obtain this status.

What Qualifies a Journalist for an I Visa?

There are many different activities that can make a foreign national eligible for an I visa. Some of the most common are as follows:

  • Workers collecting information regarding a documentary or a newsworthy current event
  • Workers in the media employed for the purpose of producing or distributing a film, on the condition that they receive funding from foreign sources and the purpose of filming is for broadcasting news
  • Contract journalists who have obtained a formal designation from a legitimate journalistic organization or society, and who have a legitimate and ongoing contractual relationship with the media company to produce cultural or newsworthy information that is not related to entertainment, commercial use, or advertising
  • Individuals working for an independently-owned information production company, under the condition that the worker has a designation or credential from a legitimate journalistic organization or society
  • Workers in the media employed by a branch office in a foreign country of a. U.S. based broadcasting or press network or organization

How to Apply for an I Visa

To obtain an I visa, individuals must apply at the U.S. Consulate that has jurisdiction over the foreign national. If you wish to apply for an I visa, it is important to speak with a Philadelphia I visa lawyer. An attorney can review your credentials and inform you of the documents you need when submitting your application. After submitting your interview, you will attend the consular office for an interview with an officer who will review the eligibility requirements, and whether you meet them. An I visa lawyer can also help if your application for this status has been denied.

Call Our I Visas for Foreign Media/Press/Radio Lawyer in Philadelphia Now

If you need to apply for an I visa or you have another immigration matter, our Philadelphia I visas for foreign media/press/radio lawyer at Ellenberg Law Group can assist with your case. Our seasoned attorney can help you through the process and make sure you are prepared so you have the best chance of a successful outcome. Call us now at 215-790-1682 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab