Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Artist & Athlete P Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia Artist & Athlete P Visa Lawyer

P visas provide great opportunities for certain artists, entertainers, and athletes, as well as their essential entourage, to gain entry into the United States. There are many different types of P visas depending on the type of work foreign nationals do. Below, our Philadelphia artist & athlete P visa lawyer breaks down the categories of P visas available in the United States.

P-1 Visas

P-1 visas are reserved for individual athletes and athletic teams to enter the United States. When entering the country as a team, P-1 status will allow all team members to remain in the country for up to six months. Individual athletes can remain in the country for up to five years after obtaining a P-1 visa.

P-2 Visas

Foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis as an entertainer or artist, as either an individual or as part of a larger group, can apply for a P-2 visa. Individuals who are an integral part of a performance can also apply for a P-2 visa. The performance or entertainment must also qualify as a reciprocal exchange program between an American organization  and an organization in a foreign country, which allows for the temporary exchange of entertainers and artists.

P-3 Visas

A P-3 visa allows an entertainer or an artist to enter the United States, either as an individual or part of a larger group, or to coach as part of a program that is considered culturally unique.

Eligibility Requirements for P Visas

In most cases, foreign nationals wishing to enter the United States to work, including as an entertainer or artist, must have a qualified sponsor petition the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on their behalf. Still, the government recognizes that many individuals who qualify are self-employed or rely on the services of an agent to schedule their work. In these instances, the agent can file the petition on behalf of the entertainer or artist.

P Visas for Qualifying Family Members

Individuals who can obtain a P-1, P-2, or P-3 visa are also eligible to bring their family members with them to the United States. The individual’s spouse and children under the age of 21 who are not married can obtain a P-4 visa, which authorizes them to remain in the country during the applicant’s authorized length of stay. Individuals who obtain a P-4 visa are not authorized to work in the United States, unless they obtain a separate employment visa.

Our P Visas for Artists and Athletes Lawyer in Philadelphia Can Advise on Your Case

If you are interested in obtaining a P visa to enter the United States, our Philadelphia P visas for artists and athletes at Ellenberg Law Group can help with your case. Call us now at 215-790-1682 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation and to learn more about how we can help.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab