Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia K-3 Spouse Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia K-3 Spouse Visa Lawyer

K-3 visas allow spouses of American citizens to enter the country with temporary legal status while they wait to obtain a green card. The intention of these visas is to shorten the time married spouses have to live apart, as it can take months for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process an application for a green card. If you need to obtain a K-3 visa, it is always advised that you work with a Philadelphia K-3 spouse visa lawyer.

Eligibility Requirements for a K-3 Visa

Like fiancé visas, the individual who is an American citizen must sponsor their spouse to enter the country. To do this, they must file a petition with the USCIS. Foreign nationals are eligible for a visa if they meet the following requirements:

  • They are married to an American citizen
  • They are listed as a beneficiary on Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and the form has already been submitted
  • They wish to enter the United States while waiting for a decision on Form I-130 from the USCIS

Applying for a K-3 Visa

For the majority of people applying for a K-3 visa, the easiest way to do it is to work with a Philadelphia K-3 spouse visa lawyer. An attorney can fill out all the forms and make sure they are filed properly. There is no need to worry about the wrong petition being filed, incorrect information on the petition, and other mistakes.

Before filing the K-3 petition, two other forms must be filed for the foreign national. These are Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance.

K-4 visas can also be obtained for the children of the foreign national who wish to enter the country with their parents. Children must be under the age of 21 and unmarried. Additional Form I-129F and I-130 are not necessary, but these forms are required once the children are in the United States and wish to obtain a green card.

When Do You Not Need a K-3 Visa?

It is not uncommon for USCIS to approve a person’s Form I-130 while they are in the process of applying for a K-3 visa, or K-4 visa for their children. This is because the immigrant visa is immediately available once a person receives I-130 approval. The processing time for Form I-130 and K-3 and K-4 visas is relatively the same. In these cases, individuals can stop the application process for their K-3 visa most of the time, but there are instances in which it makes sense to continue the application process. An attorney can advise on which route is best.

Our K-3 Spouse Visa Lawyer in Philadelphia Can Help with Your Case

If your spouse lives in another country and you want to help them enter the United States, our Philadelphia K-3 spouse visa lawyer at Ellenberg Law Group can help. Call us now at 215-790-1682 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab