Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Employment Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia Employment Visa Lawyer

Employment visas allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to work and live. Many work visas are temporary, meaning the recipient will have to leave after a certain amount of time. However, many work visas are “dual intent,” which gives the worker the option of seeking lawful permanent residence (green card). Please contact Ellenberg Law Group if you have questions about employment visas. Both workers and employers have certain obligations, and the process can quickly get complicated. Our Philadelphia employment visa lawyer has more information below.

Types of Employment Visas

Most employment visas require that employers sponsor a worker and sometimes receive a labor certification before the worker can arrive. Our lawyers can help employers determine which visa to sponsor and help with the certification process.

Ellenberg Law Group has helped many people with the following visas:

  • H-1B visa. This is a popular visa for workers with specialized knowledge and typically a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. In most cases, a worker can be on H-1B for a maximum of 6 years, although workers can seek a green card with an H-1B visa. Employers must submit a Labor Condition Application to the Department of Labor to receive permission to hire someone.
  • E-1, E-2, and EB-5 visas. Investors and treaty traders can obtain one of these visas to come to the United States and invest in a business or engage in trade.
  • J visa. A J visa allows professors, researchers, scholars, and students to come to the U.S. and continue their field of study.
  • L visa. Many companies have branches in more than one country. Managers, executives, or employees possessing specialized knowledge can seek this visa to transfer and work in a U.S. branch or subsidiary.
  • O visa. Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in education, business, the arts and sciences, and athletics can seek an O visa. Assistants and certain family members can also receive an O visa. O visas are issued for three years.
  • P visa. Athletes and entertainment groups can receive a P visa to compete or perform in the U.S.
  • TN/TD visas. Thanks to the NAFTA treaty, Mexican and Canadian professionals can apply for this visa to work in the United States.
  • Other nonimmigrant visas. The U.S. is responsive to industry needs and has many work visas. Consult with an attorney to find one right for you.

There are also employment-based immigration visas, which we discuss on a different page. These visas allow the worker to obtain a green card when they enter the U.S. Employers typically need to complete a PERM labor certification before the worker can come to the U.S.

Providing Employment Visa Immigration Solutions

Work visas help employers and foreign workers find each other. Unfortunately, you cannot immediately fly to the U.S. with a job offer in hand. Contact Ellenberg Law Group today. Our Philadelphia employment visa lawyers can guide you through the process of obtaining an appropriate visa. We can also help those hoping to renew the visa or, where appropriate, adjust their status to lawful permanent resident.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab