Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Humanitarian Relief Visa Lawyer

Philadelphia Humanitarian Relief Visa Lawyer

The United States has long held itself out as a beacon of hope to people suffering in their home countries. As part of our immigration laws, we offer many humanitarian relief visas which can bring a person to the U.S. legally or allow someone already here to stay. Ellenberg Law Group believes we have a duty to provide humanitarian relief to those deserving of it. For that reason, we closely follow developments in humanitarian law and use our experience to help those in need. Call our Philadelphia humanitarian relief visa lawyer today.

Protecting the Vulnerable

Some of the most important humanitarian relief programs include:

  • Someone facing a credible threat of persecution or violence in their home country based on religion, race, political opinion, or a similar status might seek asylum in the U.S. Those granted asylum can bring certain family members to live with them, work in the U.S., and ultimately seek a green card.
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS). This is a type of humanitarian relief the U.S. grants to nationals of some countries facing upheaval, such as wars or natural disasters. TPS status prevents removal to a country on the list. Recipients can gain permission to work in the U.S. while here.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Announced in 2012, this program provides protection against deportation for certain immigrant youth who meet qualifications. The program primarily benefits those brought to the U.S. as children who have maintained continuous residence and have received an education or served in the armed forces. Recipients must renew if they hope to avoid deportation.
  • U Visas. Victims of certain crimes can seek a U visa to come to the U.S. and assist law enforcement. Qualifying family members can also come. U visa recipients can work in the U.S. and may apply for a green card after three years.
  • T Visas. Victims of severe human trafficking already in the U.S. can seek a T visa, which allows them to stay for up to 4 years and work. They can also bring qualifying family members to live with them. Ultimately, T visa recipients can apply for a green card.
  • Humanitarian parole. Someone outside the United States who urgently needs to enter the U.S. can request humanitarian parole. There are many valid reasons to request parole, such as medical treatment, participation in legal proceedings, or care for a critically ill family member. A lawyer can discuss whether this is an option.

The qualifications for each program differ significantly. The application process is different and requires documentation specific to the program.  Many programs also require renewal. It is best to work with an experienced attorney to review which program might be right for you and ensure you do everything to maintain your protected status.

We Help Those Seeking Humanitarian Relief

Humanitarian relief programs represent the best of the United States, and Ellenberg Law Group will continue to fight for the rights of child immigrants, asylees, and crime victims. To learn more, or if you need to consult an attorney, please call us. Our Philadelphia humanitarian relief visa lawyer will meet to discuss how to request a humanitarian visa.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab