Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Immigration Waivers Lawyer

Philadelphia Immigration Waivers Lawyer

Obtaining a green card is a dream for many, but certain violations in your past might make you “inadmissible” and therefore ineligible to become a permanent resident. Fortunately, the U.S. government grants pardons for certain violations, called “waivers.” If you are granted a waiver, you can seek a green card despite having an otherwise disqualifying violation. Our Philadelphia immigration waivers lawyers are skilled at making compelling arguments on behalf of our clients, and we are eager to work with you, too.

Ellenberg Law Group helps immigrants in Philadelphia obtain waivers so they can continue with the green card process. Contact us to find out more.

Don’t Let Inadmissibility Stand in Your Way

There are several grounds for inadmissibility, including:

  • Criminal convictions. Many convictions can make you inadmissible, such as aggravated felonies or convictions for drugs or prostitution. Any crime involving “moral turpitude” can also act as a bar, like fraud or theft. Even convictions outside the U.S. might count against you.
  • Fraud or misrepresentation in the immigration process. Lying on a previous immigration document can come back to prevent you from getting a green card.
  • Membership in a totalitarian party. These parties include the Communist Party and similar parties.
  • Previous unlawful presence in the United States. You can be barred from seeking a green card for 3 or 10 years if you were previously in the U.S. unlawfully.
  • Smuggling noncitizens into the U.S. This is a crime and can prevent you from obtaining a green card.

Health-related reasons. A foreign national is inadmissible if they have a communicable disease or drug addiction, lack vaccinations, or have disorders which make them dangerous.

If any of these apply to you, then you’ll need a waiver of inadmissibility. No violation is “too old” to act as a bar. Our lawyers can review your history to determine if you need a waiver. It is best to plan early, because waivers are not automatic, and it can take substantial effort to obtain one.

If you were in the U.S. without proper documentation, you’ll need a Form I-601A provisional unlawful presence waiver. You get this before you head back to your home country to undergo consular processing. This waiver helps speed up the process and shortens the amount of time you are away from your family.

Other bars to admissibility require completing Form I-601 waiver application. You’ll need to convince the government that you deserve a waiver. We can help make your case, highlighting important factors such as your education, financial condition, and strong family relations in the U.S.

We also must establish that a U.S.-based family member will endure serious hardship if you are not granted the waiver. For example, you might be financially supporting a spouse or parent in the States.

Let Us Help You

Our experienced immigration lawyers have successfully obtained waivers for many clients. Don’t let a mistake in the past prevent you from becoming a permanent resident of the U.S. Contact us today to speak with a Philadelphia immigration waiver attorney today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab