Close Menu
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyer > Philadelphia Marriage & Fiancé Visas Lawyer

Philadelphia Marriage & Fiancé Visas Lawyer

Borders shouldn’t keep people apart, and thankfully the U.S. offers different marriage or fiancé visas which can help reunite romantic partners. However, the application process for a marriage or fiancé visa is often confusing and full of hidden traps. We encourage anyone seeking one of these visas to reach out to Ellenberg Law Group today. You can meet with a Philadelphia marriage & fiancé visas attorney to decide which visa is right for you and discuss paperwork requirements.

Bring Your Loved One to the US

The visa process begins with the person in the U.S. filing a visa application for their loved one. The visa you request will depend on whether you are married or not:

  • K-1 visa. You can bring your fiancé to the United States to get married. You have 90 days to marry once your fiancé arrives in the country.
  • K-2 visa. You can use this visa to bring your fiancé’s children to the U.S. if they are unmarried and younger than 21.
  • CR-1 visa. If you have been married less than 2 years, you can request this visa to allow your spouse to legally enter the United States. Upon admission, they should receive an I-551 stamp, which provides work authorization and confers lawful permanent resident status.
  • IR-1 visa. If you have been married for 2 or more years, you can request this visa to bring your spouse to the U.S. Upon admission, your spouse will receive an I-551 stamp.

Certain problems might arise which will slow down the process or make it impossible to obtain the necessary visa. We can meet with anyone interested to go over the requirements. For example, if you want to sponsor your fiancé for a K-1 visa, you must prove:

  • You are a U.S. citizen
  • You and your fiancé can legally get married (e.g., not married to anyone else)
  • You met your fiancée within the past 2 years
  • You have the minimum income/finances
  • Your fiancé is not inadmissible to the U.S. for any reason

Applying for a visa requires large amounts of documentation. We help clients gather all necessary information. For example, if you are seeking a visa for your spouse, you will need proof of marriage, including a marriage certificate. This might be hard to get if you were married in a different country. You might also need information like a joint bank account or co-owned real estate.

We can streamline the process of obtaining a marriage or fiancé visa.  We can also discuss likely wait times. Unfortunately, the government’s processing of these visas has slowed considerably over the years, and many applicants are waiting patiently for their loved ones to arrive. We can give you a realistic idea of when you can expect your partner to come, and we will fill out your forms fully and accurately so you encounter no unnecessary delays.

Contact Stanley J. Ellenberg Today

Families belong together, and Ellenberg Law Group can help reunite you with loved ones. Please call today to speak with a Philadelphia marriage & fiancé visas lawyer.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Request Your Free Consultation

The solutions to your legal needs start with a free consultation so we can understand your situation and let you know your options. Fill out the form below, and a representative from our office will contact you to set a convenient time for you to meet with one of our attorneys.

* All Contact Form Fields are Required

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Ellenberg Law Group, P.C., through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Contact Form Tab